Monday, August 15, 2022

Amway Is A Cult That Consumes All Your Money And Time

Spend $60,000 in Amway to make $2,000. Sounds about right to me. One of our readers talks about being inside the Amway cult and unable to get her brainwashed husband to understand ScAmway only brings financial and emotional distress. If this person is still reading Married To An Ambot – give us an update.


My husband was involved with Amway/Bww in the 90’s. He had a pretty large downline, but ended up quitting due to marriage issues. He later divorced.

We married in 2013 and he told me about this great opportunity he had been involved in. I had never heard of it, but he told me he had sponsored someone who went diamond. I said then why would you quit. He said it was the biggest mistake ever and that he wanted to get back in and build it with me.

Due to his excitement I was excited. Unfortunately he was at a work meeting at a hotel where a bww meeting was. Needless to say our ibo journey began. We were hard core. Attended EVERY meeting, did 50/150 ++ every month irregardless of our finances. We racked up credit card debt in the thousands of dollars and took out several loans. I propected everyday and showed the plan almost everyday for almost four years. All on the belief that sacrificing time and money now we would get more time and more money later.

I was told that our work ethic outdid 95% of the people in the business and we were sure to become diamonds. We reached 1000 pv. Half of that was mostly personal with a little customer volume. But we got paraded on stage like we did something fantastic.

Back in April I had to have surgery and did not go to function, did not read and listen to cds like a good little ibo. Things started to change in my mindset. I had realized how much time and money we wasted. Time away from out son and family. We had no longer went on family trips cause all our time and money went to meetings. I was so dedicated and believed the huge repeated lie of financial freedom. That was until I got away for a little while.

I finally added up all the money we spent and it was close to $60,000 in a four year period. That includes books, cds, functions, products, travel expences for stp every night, hotel, business materials, samples, etc. We got very very little return on our “investment.” We maybe made $2000 in those four years.

I have been reading a lot of blogs and information on cults over the past four months. Bww is by far a manipulative cult. I presented my husband with a bunch of research material, even though we are brainwashed not to do outside research because the internet is like a bathroom wall and anyone can write anything....as they say. He listened to me, said he can’t deny he had felt somewhat like there were tendencies of cult activities. We were great that day, then he wouldn’t talk to me for a week.

When he finally did talk to me he said I call bs. You can’t blame amway or bww for us spending the money we did. I haven’t done anything with the cult since. He still pays for bww bmp, streaming, and webspace. I refuse to waste anymore time or money. He did tell me a few weeks later that he was taking a break, but that if he is off work for the team meeting he was going. I said I am not. He hasn’t brought it up since.

Our upline platinum calls and texts him all the time. Their upline platinum lady has repeatedly tried to set up meetings with me. I think my husband still has hopes I will come around. It’s such a brainwashing cult to consume all your money and time. I’ve told him about all the blogs and he says oh yeah those are the quitters who didn’t work the business and now go on there and spew their hate because “the business didn’t work” he said no, “they just didn’t work the business” he doesn’t want to hear anything I have to say about all the research I’ve done and all my findings. Please someone help me. I need some advice? I refuse to let this scam ruin our life, marriage, family and finances any longer.

 

4 comments:

  1. This woman should tell her husband this: "You and I have been working the business ferociously for four damned years! What have we got to show for it, except a loss of $58,000?"

    The fact that her husband was in Amway before, and didn't learn a thing about how the racket bleeds you dry, is a very bad sign. He is psychologically hooked on the scam, regardless of whether he makes money or not. It's the kind of brainwashed mentality that up-line wants in all IBOs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous - these lying scamming Amway assholes can be very convincing and the cult leaders are good at brainwashing. Those who already tried Amway before will be told their previous upline were a bunch of losers and that's why they failed. However their group is a bunch of winners and blah blah bullshit. Amway is a blame the victim scam. And they're good at blaming other Ambots too LOL!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about how much you lost while trying to make money with Amway. That's an expensive way to learn a financial lesson. I just released the first part of my series on MLM like Amway and how the expected value can be worse than the lottery

    https://debtsavvydad.com/pitch-reverse-pitch-how-amway-and-mlm-businesses-can-be-a-worse-bet-than-buying-lottery-tickets/

    Hopefully our writing can help people be more aware of Amway and similar MLM businesses in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for dropping by Debt Savvy Dad and with the link! Ironically in Amway one of the lines used to lure in victims is Amway will get you out of debt. LOL! Most Ambots have to spend $500 to $700 a month to belong to this expensive social club and run up their credit cards. The only way Amway Ambots get out of debt is if they owned a house before signing up to ScAmway. Then they are "counselled" to sell their house and use the equity to pay off their debt. And once they have that room on their credit cards again - to stockpile more Amway shit.

      By sharing our stories hopefully we can help others avoid the financial and emotional distress that Amway and other scam MLMs bring to people's lives.

      Delete

Comments are moderated but we publish just about everything. Even brainwashed ambots who show up here to accuse us of not trying hard enough and that we are lazy, quitters, negative, unchristian dreamstealers. Like we haven’t heard that Amspeak abuse from the assholes in our upline!

If your comment didn’t get published it could be one of these reasons:
1. Is it the weekend? We don’t moderate comments on weekends. Maybe not every day during the week either. Patience.
2. Racist/bigoted comments? Take that shit somewhere else.
3. Naming names? Public figures like politicians and actors and people known in Amway are probably OK – the owners, Diamonds with CDs or who speak at functions, people in Amway’s publicity department who write press releases and blogs. Its humiliating for people to admit their association with Amway so respect their privacy if they’re not out there telling everyone about the love of their life.
4. Gossip that serves no purpose. There are other places to dish about what Diamonds are having affairs or guessing why they’re getting divorced. If you absolutely must share that here – don’t name names. I get too many nosy ambots searching for this. Lets not help them find this shit.
5. Posting something creepy anonymously and we can’t track your location because you’re on a mobile device or using hide my ass or some other proxy. I attracted an obsessed fan and one of my blog administrators attracted a cyberstalker. Lets keep it safe for everyone. Anonymous is OK. Creepy anonymous and hiding – go fuck yourselves!
6. Posting something that serves no purpose other than to cause fighting.
7. Posting bullshit Amway propaganda. We might publish that comment to make fun of you. Otherwise take your agenda somewhere else. Not interested.
8. Notice how this blog is written in English? That's our language so keep your comments in English too. If you leave a comment written in another language then we either have to use Google translate to put it into English so everyone can understand what you wrote or we can hit the Delete button. Guess which one is easier for us to do?
9. We suspect you're a troublemaking Amway asshole.
10. Your comment got caught in the spam filter. Gets checked occasionally. We’ll get to you eventually and approve it as long as it really isn’t spam.