The last time we posted Join Amway For Exciting Changes Or Just More Bullshit one of our readers had this to say:
Every time someone joins a cult
(whether religious, political, social, or business-linked), he is subtly but
effectively changed. His personality begins to reshape itself in ways that
support his new belief system. The leaders of the cult and fellow members
encourage this and reward it, and they punish the members who are resistant to
it.
The most important characteristic of a mentally free and independent person is
the ability to THINK FOR YOURSELF. It is the refusal to allow others to
manipulate you into doing or believing that which you don't want to do, or that
which you question.
Everything in Amway is designed to destroy your intellectual independence, as a
prelude to destroying your financial independence.
At a very deep level, the human mind resists this kind of manipulation and
destruction, which is the reason cult members show all the signs of anger and
resentment and viciousness that Anna describes in the above post.
They unconsciously sense that they have been poisoned.
And this is why those who escape from cults like Amway have a tremendous sense
of liberation. They can say "I no longer BELIEVE IN THE BULLSHIT!"
It's a great relief to them.
Cults of all kinds are growing exponentially these days. Education today is largely aimed at producing conformist individuals who will do what they are told, and who will at all times follow the crowd and the mass media. Social media does the same thing, and their evil work begins very early with children and adolescents.
ReplyDeleteA psychologist many years ago made an important distinction. He said that some persons were "inner directed," and others were "other directed." An inner-directed person has a mind of his own, and can think for himself without worrying about the opinions of his neighbors. An other-directed person is ALWAYS worried about what other people think, and he regulates his own behavior by making it conform to the general consensus around him.
In the past, inner-directed people were far more common, and constituted the majority. They were the basis of a free society of independent human beings who considered all things on their own merits. Today, they are in the minority. Most people now are gutless wimps, afraid of deviating from what their neighbors think, or what mass media tells them.
Cults thrive in this atmosphere. Many other-directed persons are perfectly happy and content to be in a cult where they are told what to do, what to say, and what to think. Political correctness is the prime example of one of these sick cults.
When we talk about the way that Ambots seem to be brainwashed and mentally controlled by Amway. we should remember that many persons are already looking to find something like that. And once an other-directed person gets hooked into Amway, it's very likely he will be a lifer.
Thanks for that information Anonymous. I had no idea that cults are having a big growth spurt. The cult prospects are too young to have heard of the People's Temple or Heaven's Gate.
DeleteI guess I've always been an inner directed person because I don't really give a shit what people think about me - ever since elementary school.
I could never conform to the Amway cult. And hopefully no other cult will hit us up. But yeah there's a lot of people who conform to societal expectations. Or their perception of it. Being inside a cult and being told what to do - never happened in ScAmway. I was more likely to tell the upline to fuck off than do what they ordered. And fortunately they caught on to that character trait and for the most part didn't challenge me but would bitch at Ambot that I was uncoachable. Hell no. I'm unfuckwithable!
So sad that so many people are looking for involvement in the cult experience.
Anna, I have never met you in person, or even talked to you on the phone. We are complete strangers, other than the fact that I post messages here at Married to an Ambot.
DeleteBut from the very first day I came here I realized that you were a tough-minded, no-nonsense woman with a sharp mind of her own, and a fiery spirit.
Yes, I saw at once that you were "inner-directed." There aren't many of us left. Almost everyone else seems to be a fucking panty-waist wimp, desperate to be "nice" all the time.
I love this website.
Thanks Anonymous. I'm glad you're enjoying the website and the information and entertainment we provide! A lot of others who blog about Amway focus more on how it's a shitty business to get involved with but around here we just like cursing out the fucking assholes in the Amway upline who bring misery to everyone's lives. In Amway you will lose your money and your brain cells. Amway Ambots go around bragging that they're sharp businessmen because the assholes in their Amway upline say so LOL! But the people are really sharp realize the Amway business plan is a system designed for failure. I saw it right away. It looks good on paper but what's the probability of actually being able to execute it? Anything with over 99% failure rate is not something sharp people would get involved with.
DeleteJoe Cool's website is also very good, but unfortunately he is a restrained person who is deeply uncomfortable with saying anything really harsh or insulting. He always pulls his punches.
DeleteAnonymous - yeah he's a lot more relaxed when dealing with Amway assholes or explaining why the Amway business plan doesn't work.
Delete