Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Another Reader Gets Prospected By An Amway Loser

This man was in a lucrative job with a good career ahead of him. And what does he do? He wrecks it all by joining Amway, bothering his co-workers, and getting himself fired.

Unbelievable! Because of some stupid shpiel given to him by a dopey Ambot in a cheap business suit, this guy brings himself to poverty and bankruptcy. This is another proof that Amway is not a business, but something cultic, religious, mysterious, and weird.

 

I started reading these blogs after a former colleague approached me to meet for coffee "chat about business opportunities". I was quite keen to meet, we are both in I.T and I had just started my own consulting business. I thought maybe he saw an opportunity for a big corporate client, maybe he wanted to work on a joint venture. When we met he talked about the weather and, although he was very much still employed, he talked about high level philosophies about the virtues of being your own boss, and residual income etc etc. He ended by giving me a CD he thought was worth listening to.

Even though I was shocked at the time (yes it was Amway (Network21)), In retrospect I am even more shocked after researching on how much control an upline has.

Because if an upline is a supplier representative, what business would have a supplier have so much say over YOUR personal life, in arbitrary things such as how you motivate yourself? My business also has a single supplier as I also sell software. I promise you if they are trying to get me to attend 4 motivational functions a year, I will tell them where to go!

If an upline is a mentor, well, some business owners do have mentors. I don't, but if I would hire one, I would not choose one with any interests in my business. If I have a mentor whose business model I am trying to follow, you can be sure that I would want to see the Profit &Loss statement, and at the very least know how my mentor's turnover grew. Also, a mentor who himself is being closely mentored on a detailed level, would not strike me as a worthy candidate.

Last I heard of this guy was that he was neglecting his career and pressured by his employers to leave and to have a three jobs in close succession, in spite of his business going nowwhere. The irony (okay, one of them, there are many) is that the industry that he is in is lucrative, as a job, and as a business. In my case, it started by doing my job well.

Just out of principle I wish I could talk sense into him. Try to ask how this "own boss" thing had worked for him. It seems not to help.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated but we publish just about everything. Even brainwashed ambots who show up here to accuse us of not trying hard enough and that we are lazy, quitters, negative, unchristian dreamstealers. Like we haven’t heard that Amspeak abuse from the assholes in our upline!

If your comment didn’t get published it could be one of these reasons:
1. Is it the weekend? We don’t moderate comments on weekends. Maybe not every day during the week either. Patience.
2. Racist/bigoted comments? Take that shit somewhere else.
3. Naming names? Public figures like politicians and actors and people known in Amway are probably OK – the owners, Diamonds with CDs or who speak at functions, people in Amway’s publicity department who write press releases and blogs. Its humiliating for people to admit their association with Amway so respect their privacy if they’re not out there telling everyone about the love of their life.
4. Gossip that serves no purpose. There are other places to dish about what Diamonds are having affairs or guessing why they’re getting divorced. If you absolutely must share that here – don’t name names. I get too many nosy ambots searching for this. Lets not help them find this shit.
5. Posting something creepy anonymously and we can’t track your location because you’re on a mobile device or using hide my ass or some other proxy. I attracted an obsessed fan and one of my blog administrators attracted a cyberstalker. Lets keep it safe for everyone. Anonymous is OK. Creepy anonymous and hiding – go fuck yourselves!
6. Posting something that serves no purpose other than to cause fighting.
7. Posting bullshit Amway propaganda. We might publish that comment to make fun of you. Otherwise take your agenda somewhere else. Not interested.
8. Notice how this blog is written in English? That's our language so keep your comments in English too. If you leave a comment written in another language then we either have to use Google translate to put it into English so everyone can understand what you wrote or we can hit the Delete button. Guess which one is easier for us to do?
9. We suspect you're a troublemaking Amway asshole.
10. Your comment got caught in the spam filter. Gets checked occasionally. We’ll get to you eventually and approve it as long as it really isn’t spam.