Tuesday, July 16, 2024

AmKid Speaks Up

One of our readers gets prospected by Amway and other scam MLMs.

 

I came in contact with Amway a looong time ago as a kid. My parents were introduced to Amway, later to MLM company called Diamond (I think??), distributing cleansing products. In my country (European country) Amway started operating sometime in the 80's I believe. My parents were wise enough not to join feeling that something was off.

About 10 years ago in my twenties I was invited to a presentation for a network business called Webso which on the surface was ownership of your own web shop selling all kinds of products - food, tyres, but MOSTLY cosmetics, some meal replacements, etc. I purchased a starter package which was luckily for me only few flyers. And guess what? On the front page there was the cursed word "Amway". The guy trying to convince me was saying that Amway was just one of the companies included in this Webso thing and that soon some major petrol companies would be joining and "Imagine how much you could earn from getting commission from selling gasoline to people".

The pitch was standard "You just graduated from a good college and you are looking for a job - you have my condolences" or "When I had a well paying job and I was driving ONLY an Audi I was a skeptic just as you are now".... However when I was asked to pay around 250$ of merchandise (Amway of course) which I was supposed to resell, I bailed.

I came also in contact with Herbalife - same pitch.

And, unbelievably, I was invited only a month ago to a presentation which was Amway. I could not believe that in a small country such as mine this F**** THING IS STILL AROUND!! It was the same f***** stupid pitch!! Some intimidation, how jobs and economy are shitty, how the only real investors are those who don't bother to lose few millions and that investing is a no go for an average person... while Amway is blooming and that all you have to do is do what you've been doing until now; buy things but not in supermarkets but from Amway and your satisfaction with the products will do the rest - you will become a walking commercial and products will basically sell themselves. Unbelievable!!

I told them that I turned down Webso 10 years ago and they told me that Webso was not a good business, that it was giving a bad rep to Amway. And I found out that the guy behind the woman who was doing the presentation... was the same guy as 10 years ago!! But this time I was prepared because I am doing quite some research on Amway and other MLMs so I decided to have some fun. The responses were mindblowing. I said that 99% (at least) people failed nad the answer was, of course, that only losers deal with statistics. I could go on and on but you get the point already.

Anyway I want to warn as much people as possible and I congratulate Anna Banana for doing the same. Preach the word sister!

 

2 comments:

  1. Note that the guy who posted this comment is from a European country, not from North America. It is only outside of North America that IBOs have any chance at all of recruiting new down-line. Say "Amway" in North America, and people run as if you had bubonic plague.

    But from what the guy writes, it appears that Amway's reputation is also in the toilet in foreign countries. The failures, the extortionate fees, the bullshit, the fakery, the stories of up-line arrogance -- all of it is getting to be very well known.

    In what was Amway's last big hope (China), the government has made it illegal to sell by the MLM method. Amway was forced to open up brick-and-mortar stores, and to sell to retail customers without pushing any kind of stupid "Plan." So the big, proud MLM granddaddy Amway has had its balls cut off by China.

    It's been shut down in Great Britain, severely curbed in India and France, and is losing its rep in Latin America. Soon the entire world will know that Amway is a shit sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous - the Internet is Amway's worst enemy. We get hits from countries all over the world looking for information on ScAmway. If everyone that gets prospected by the Amway cult did a search before joining - this pyramid scheme would collapse. And yes I'm sure Amway's reputation is in the toilet worldwide. Fortunately some other countries are stepping up to ban and limit these scam MLMs from destroying their citizens.

      Delete

Comments are moderated but we publish just about everything. Even brainwashed ambots who show up here to accuse us of not trying hard enough and that we are lazy, quitters, negative, unchristian dreamstealers. Like we haven’t heard that Amspeak abuse from the assholes in our upline!

If your comment didn’t get published it could be one of these reasons:
1. Is it the weekend? We don’t moderate comments on weekends. Maybe not every day during the week either. Patience.
2. Racist/bigoted comments? Take that shit somewhere else.
3. Naming names? Public figures like politicians and actors and people known in Amway are probably OK – the owners, Diamonds with CDs or who speak at functions, people in Amway’s publicity department who write press releases and blogs. Its humiliating for people to admit their association with Amway so respect their privacy if they’re not out there telling everyone about the love of their life.
4. Gossip that serves no purpose. There are other places to dish about what Diamonds are having affairs or guessing why they’re getting divorced. If you absolutely must share that here – don’t name names. I get too many nosy ambots searching for this. Lets not help them find this shit.
5. Posting something creepy anonymously and we can’t track your location because you’re on a mobile device or using hide my ass or some other proxy. I attracted an obsessed fan and one of my blog administrators attracted a cyberstalker. Lets keep it safe for everyone. Anonymous is OK. Creepy anonymous and hiding – go fuck yourselves!
6. Posting something that serves no purpose other than to cause fighting.
7. Posting bullshit Amway propaganda. We might publish that comment to make fun of you. Otherwise take your agenda somewhere else. Not interested.
8. Notice how this blog is written in English? That's our language so keep your comments in English too. If you leave a comment written in another language then we either have to use Google translate to put it into English so everyone can understand what you wrote or we can hit the Delete button. Guess which one is easier for us to do?
9. We suspect you're a troublemaking Amway asshole.
10. Your comment got caught in the spam filter. Gets checked occasionally. We’ll get to you eventually and approve it as long as it really isn’t spam.