Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Normal Amway Upline Behavior

The last time we ran the post about the Amway Emerald throwing a hissy fit, the contributor left a comment with more details:

 

I remember paying for that seminar. That seminar was in December of 2017. It was while I was in line in November of 2017 on a Thursday night for the weekly meeting. My Upline Emerald (sponsor's sponsor who is different from the other guy I mentioned who was his sponsor's sponsor) had his wife go around selling tickets. I got out three-five dollar bills and I was straightening them out to give to her for the ticket.

First off, she yells at me and says, "YOU haven't gotten your ticket." I said, I know. I have money here. Let me straighten..." "I'LL do it." she says as she grabbed the money out of my hands and walked away.

That was the breaking point. Even though I attended the seminar in December and Winter Conference in January, I never spoke to her again. I never went to another weekly meeting after that. I went to two more functions (the seminar and the conference) and then I stopped coming.

It wasn't worth my time. It wasn't worth spending two hours in line to get into a meeting and then being fake nice for four hours before driving home. It wasn't worth buying stuff on the First of each month that I never used...that I still have piles of.

And then, in mid-2018; months after I stopped coming, I received texts from my Upline begging me to come to conference and then my Upline Emerald (whose wife grabbed the money out of my hand) saying how he missed me. I never responded to either.

I don't know how many hits you get a month Anna, but I hope someone sees this and does an about face. There are several ways to make money. This is not the way to make it.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. When you go to a restaurant for a nice meal you expect to be treated reasonably well. The staff are polite to you and while it is not 100% real and everyone knows that, it is not 100% fake either. You get treated well and you might go back. You might recommend the restaurant to your friends or do a review on some website telling people that it was a good experience. The restaurant and all its staff depend on customers going in there and buying food and drink. If they insulted customers, most would not go back.

    That is what I used to struggle with in relation to Amway. If your upline insults and demeans you why would you go back to their stupid meetings? What is in it for you since you surely aren't making any money in it. There is a small possibility that your upline is making money but they are making that money from you. They are the restaurant and you are the customer. It is your money either directly or in the extremely unlikely event that you have a downline it is still money that you are helping them to get. I suppose the idea is that by demeaning people you get them to think it is only their fault that the scam is not bringing people in. It is as many people have said a cult to control people. It might make a small amount of money for a small number of people (relative to the effort that everyone puts in). That is all it will ever do though. There is no endless stream of gold that will keep the people at the top rich for ever. This thing is not a business. What is the point of keeping it going as a cult? Do they really think they have power that is worth keeping? I don't know why cults form or keep going but I suspect it is usually about one person deriving all manner of worship from a group of people. Do all the various layers in this scam get that kind of adulation?

    I have come to reluctantly admire this loathsome thing. It is never going to make any real money. It preys on its victims and immiserates them. It has no redeeming features at all except for giving a few people a few days where they dream unrealistic dreams of untold wealth. This thing should not exist and yet it continues to exist. It is like the parasitic worm that causes river blindness. You hate it and want to eliminate it and reduce the suffering it inflicts on all the innocent children it infects and yet it tenaciously lives on despite the best of human intent and effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie Hillbilly - all the points you've brought up I've tried to figure out for a long time. If I worked a job and the boss was being a fucking asshole I'd say fuck you I'm outta here. Most bosses want to keep a good moral in the workplace. Not the Amway upline. Theses are the nastiest evil motherfuckers I've ever met in my life. Why do Ambots put up with being treated badly by these Amway losers? Do they have masochist tendencies? Normal people don't hang out with people who treat them badly.

      Delete

Comments are moderated but we publish just about everything. Even brainwashed ambots who show up here to accuse us of not trying hard enough and that we are lazy, quitters, negative, unchristian dreamstealers. Like we haven’t heard that Amspeak abuse from the assholes in our upline!

If your comment didn’t get published it could be one of these reasons:
1. Is it the weekend? We don’t moderate comments on weekends. Maybe not every day during the week either. Patience.
2. Racist/bigoted comments? Take that shit somewhere else.
3. Naming names? Public figures like politicians and actors and people known in Amway are probably OK – the owners, Diamonds with CDs or who speak at functions, people in Amway’s publicity department who write press releases and blogs. Its humiliating for people to admit their association with Amway so respect their privacy if they’re not out there telling everyone about the love of their life.
4. Gossip that serves no purpose. There are other places to dish about what Diamonds are having affairs or guessing why they’re getting divorced. If you absolutely must share that here – don’t name names. I get too many nosy ambots searching for this. Lets not help them find this shit.
5. Posting something creepy anonymously and we can’t track your location because you’re on a mobile device or using hide my ass or some other proxy. I attracted an obsessed fan and one of my blog administrators attracted a cyberstalker. Lets keep it safe for everyone. Anonymous is OK. Creepy anonymous and hiding – go fuck yourselves!
6. Posting something that serves no purpose other than to cause fighting.
7. Posting bullshit Amway propaganda. We might publish that comment to make fun of you. Otherwise take your agenda somewhere else. Not interested.
8. Notice how this blog is written in English? That's our language so keep your comments in English too. If you leave a comment written in another language then we either have to use Google translate to put it into English so everyone can understand what you wrote or we can hit the Delete button. Guess which one is easier for us to do?
9. We suspect you're a troublemaking Amway asshole.
10. Your comment got caught in the spam filter. Gets checked occasionally. We’ll get to you eventually and approve it as long as it really isn’t spam.