Sunday, December 5, 2010
At just about every Amway meeting we attended we were told that we’d come on board at just the right time. Now is the beginning of what is gearing up to be a huge increase in Internet sales of Amway products. Exciting changes are just about to happen in the Amway business. This is huge!
I could have sworn we heard the same pitch many years ago too!
We were shown charts of how this trend was supposed to occur over the next few years with sales going up. This chart was part of the business plan flip cards that were shown at every Amway meeting.
There might be some changes but whether or not they’re exciting is debatable. I’m not really here to discuss Amway policy and what changes are going on in their company. This blog exists to curse out my former upline and inform others what it was like living with an Ambot.
Here are the (not-exciting) changes I observed in Ambot:
1. he got into huge arguments with people he normally got along well with who didn’t want to come to Amway meetings
2. he sneered at people who had J.O.B.s and weren’t willing to consider an Amway career
3. he was very rude to friends who weren’t interested in supporting his business by buying overpriced Amway products
4. he dropped whatever he was doing to respond to phone calls or text messages from the upline who wanted him to haul his ass to where they were for whatever they deemed was more important
5. he quoted Amway speak constantly and parroted whatever his upline brainwashed him into repeating
6. he questioned everything I did and how that was making him money in his Amway business
7. he had the brainwashed delusion that his upline sponsor was some sort of god and therefore we must lick his asshole
8. he became a slob around the house littering his Amway garbage wherever he happened to be and refused to put the consumed items containers into the garbage or recycling bin
9. he used his previously debt free credit card for Amway related purchases including treating the entire upline out for meals and maxed it out
10. he became increasingly agitated, argumentative, rude, and snobbish
11. he accused everyone with different points of view (from his upline) of being negative
The changes since Ambot got out of the cult are a lot more positive. Becoming a nice person again is one. Despite the upline’s proclamations that being in Amway makes you a nicer person to distract the IBO’s from paying attention to the money they’re not making, I’m here to dispute that and say NO WAY does being an IBO make you a nicer person. As a group mentality they might all put on a fake nicey nice act at functions and seminars but in private they’re nasty, surly, unapproachable sorry excuses for human beings. Funny how losing money in Amway can change a person’s personality especially since the upline brainwashes them into thinking the reason they’re not succeeding is because they’re not trying hard enough or because they’re losers.
I’m here to say watching someone getting brainwashed by the Amway cult is not an exciting change.