Monday, February 20, 2017
Reasons To Hate Your Amway Upline
I thought I’d cover some reasons why I couldn't stand our upline. Thanks to my upline I grew to really hate Amway and anything to do with Amway. This is based on my experiences but I see too many similar stories all over the Internet. That tells me I am not unique! No matter how much I think I am! Ha ha!
1. Our sponsor is one of the biggest assholes I have ever met! Our sponsor, aka Captain Fuck Up aka the arrogant prick, is someone Ambot has known for years. He is the most useless piece of shit sorriest excuse for taking up space on the planet that anyone could ever imagine. Besides being arrogant some of his other finer points are he’s unreliable, irresponsible, stomps off in temper tantrums, and is asshole ugly. From there it goes downhill! Its a really bad idea to be sponsored into Amway by a rotten bad ass fucker like him. Existing problems with this jerk ass only worsened. Bad bad idea getting involved in anything - whether it be Amway or anything else - with a fucking miserable bastard like him who I've never wanted anything to do with. The resentment only grows.
2. Loss of money. We had already tried the Amway thing before. I knew exactly what would happen again. We’d throw a lot of money away buying expensive products that I don’t like and don’t use. We’d throw away even more money on various tools to “grow our business” and all the various expenses that go along with travelling to out of state functions several times a year. If I was lucky our losses would be a few thousand dollars until Ambot ran out of money or became disenchanted again. If I was unlucky the losses would run into the tens of thousands. I estimate $700/month to throw at investing into the Amway nightmare. How many people have that kind of disposable cash lying around? If not, see number 3.
3. Going into debt. This could be credit card debt as in Ambot’s case. Other people take out second mortgages on their homes or lines of credit. Any way you look at it IBO’s are borrowing money to fund their upline’s dreams and many former IBO’s have lost their homes and declared bankruptcy when they can’t repay the money they borrowed for the great Amway opportunity.
4. Loss of time. Forget the often touted 10 to 15 hours a week - Ambot wasted way more time than that! His upline ordered him to prospect every person he ran into and tell them about this kick ass home based opportunity where everyone can make at least $70,000/year in their spare time. Ha ha! Not us or anyone else we knew! Ambot's mission turned into begging everyone we knew and did not know to come to a board plan meeting all the while denying it has anything to do with Amway. He spent hours on the phone and text messages with upline. Two or three board plans each week at various downline/crossline houses or it might be a larger function where a Diamond comes to town once or twice a month. Lowball estimate 5 hours a night for these meetings. Weekend rallies happen about once a month where a Diamond comes to town and new pins are awarded. Depends if its a one or 2 day event. Say at least 10 hours but that could be doubled. Family Reunion, Free Enterprise Days, and Spring Leadership always seem to be held hundreds of miles away. Several hours driving each way and then at least 30 hours tied up for weekend events. And that’s a conservative estimate. I'd say the actual hour count was a minimum of 100 hours invested in Amway and the fucking upline's demands. All that time spent with Amway related events means normal people activities such as birthdays, weddings, spending time with family and friends, outings, vacations, shopping, etc are taboo until Ambot makes it real big in Amway. It looks like I forgot to mention the lack of support with household chores.
5. I really couldn't stand the upline. However I recognize that this dislike is more closely connected to the general dislike of our fucking asshole sponsor and any people he might associate with. But eventually I grew to dislike our upline especially when it became out of control the way they monopolized Ambot's time. And money. And money. And money. And money. Oh did I mention money? But mostly I was just pissed off at all the bullshit spouting out of our upline’s mouths. I didn't want to have anything to do with those fucking liars.
6. Brainwashing. This is part of our upline’s strategy to separate Ambot from “negative” forces in his life which included me because of my lack of interest in Amway and our upline. The crazy thing is our upline were the most negative bastards around spreading their predictions of doom and gloom and misery and the only way to escape this horrible existence is belonging to the Amway cult. And yes absolutely through our association with World Wide Destructive Bastards I was in a line of sponsorship that abuses IBO’s and uses cult-like brainwashing techniques, so fuck you WWDB! Ambot stopped thinking for himself and parroting everything the upline said. Ambot accepted everything the upline said as the truth until he became so conditioned to think this way that there was no way in hell he would ever accept that the information he received from his beloved upline could be wrong. He denied what was happening to himself and his life and under the upline's brainwashing control he separated himself from reality.
7. Deception. Call it whatever you want - all IBO’s are guilty of lying. Our upline were typical Amway IBO's - a bunch of fucking lying bastards. They lied about their affiliation with Amway, their success, and any abuses that might be happening in our group. The upline refused to believe the big lie about the tool scam and how the greedy Diamonds were obsessed with making money at the expense of their downline. Ambot wasn’t too good at prospecting because he’d break down quickly and tell prospects that this was Amway and then he’d lie and say everything’s going really good. All IBO’s are conditioned to say that even though none of them are making money at their Amway business. Its really annoying to listen to Ambot not being truthful when I knew damn well he wasn't making any money at the Amway scheme. As we all know the opposite was true. Losing thousands of dollars.
Add everything up and these are reasons why I could not stand our upline and/or Amway and why this caused trouble in our marriage.
I hated hearing from brainwashed IBO’s who parroted the upline and claimed “That’s because there is already something wrong with your marriage/relationship”. The standard answer whenever a spouse doesn’t want anything to do with Amway.
But not one of those fucking IBO’s can explain why there were no existing problems before Amway entered the picture.
Our upline were a bunch of fucking troublemakers!
Fuck all of you Amway assholes!