Thursday, February 17, 2011
How to Convince Your Husband to Quit Amway
I get a lot of Google hits on the above. I’m the top of the search results the last time I checked though I’m sure IBOFB will do his own investigation and find out that someone has since topped me.
That tells me there are a lot of desperate wives surfing the Internet who are fed up with the Amway bullshit.
The page on my blog being hit is a couple of stories I copied from elsewhere on the Internet about a couple of fed up wives who left their husbands, about 7 years apart who had almost identical stories. Neither story actually gives advice on how to convince your husband to quit Amway. They did what they had to do to protect themselves, their family, their finances, and their sanity. I’m not here to put any drastic ideas into wife’s heads. Women who’ve reached that point already know what they have to do to protect themselves.
I can’t offer substantial advice either other than wait it out and hope your husband is one of the majority who leaves Amway within the year when he finally figures out he’s not making any money. Everyone has different tolerance levels and bank account balances. What pisses off one woman might have little effect on another. Mostly what really pisses off women is the attitude adjustment their husband goes through due to involvement in the Amway cult. Sweet, sensitive husbands are turned into angry, ugly, sneering creatures who constantly criticize everyone who is not in Amway or supporting their Amway business.
What can she do? Here’s some suggestions that might help break a husband of his Amway habit.
1. Tell him dinner will now be served at 8pm each night. Be at the dinner table or go hungry. (He might launch a counter-attack by purchasing excessive amounts of Amway food bars to eat on the run.)
2. Whenever he has an Amway meeting planned tell him that you have sex pencilled in on the calendar for 8pm that night.
3. On Amway meeting nights host a party at your house. Even if its just a small gathering of family or friends. It will probably turn into an Amway bitch session.
4. Plan fun outings on nights when Amway meetings are on.
5. Book a night at a romantic hotel - something like a spa resort - on an Amway meeting night. Be prepared to go alone and enjoy a massage.
6. Tell him if he can’t be home by 10pm when you’re going to bed that he better not wake you up when he gets home and tell him to sleep in the spare bedroom or on the couch.
7. Start researching on the Internet how other people have been victims of the Amway scam. Knowledge is power.
8. Ask your husband if he’s aware that the income from tools is the main source of income for higher level pins. He needs to sponsor and keep active at least 100 IBO’s before he starts to make a profit.
9. Share with him some of the stories you’ve read on the Internet about people who’ve spent years and tens of thousands of dollars and still aren’t making money.
On the last 3 be prepared for him to launch a defensive counter attack full of Amway speak about how its not true.
For the rest of them hopefully the husband eventually realizes he's missing out on some good stuff and it might be more fun doing those activities than going to an Amway meeting.
Consistency. Don’t let him win the Amway fight.
The other thing that might work - and the threat of it is what finally worked for me - and here you’d have to consult an attorney to see if it will fly - threaten to sue the sponsor and upline and maybe Amway too for alienation of affection. In most law cases the person being sued is the husband’s mistress but other third parties have been successfully sued too for any participation they might have had in destroying the marriage.
Amway is of no interest to me though I can see how other wives would want to sue the company that causes a lot of pain. The only ones I wanted to hurt were the ones I don't like - the fucking assholes in the upline, the cult leaders who caused the emotional and financial distress. Ambot actually liked these people and didn’t want me to sue them plus he'd pretty much stopped going to Amway meetings by the time I was in talks with my attorney so it didn't take much to convince him to walk away. But I tell you I wish I had sued those bastards!!!! Well what I really want to do is rip those bastards nuts off for brainwashing my husband and trying to destroy our relationship. Suing them and causing them financial hardship would only be a distant second best!
There are wives out there who have sued their husband’s mistresses for alienation of affection. Amway is a mistress. I would love to hear of any lawsuits where a wife has sued Amway for alienation of affection. What a victory! That is someone I would love to meet who has the guts to tell this cult they've had enough bullshit. A Google search turns up no lawsuits like this but I think its just a matter of time before some fed up wife takes on the upline and/or Amway for alienation of affection and more power to her!